* I'm soooo excited to say that Tanya Wright of the critically acclaimed HBO show True Blood talked about her beautiful natural hair—and how Curly Like Me changed how she once felt about knowing what to do with it—on Black Girl with Long Hair: Actress Tanya Wright of True Blood// Natural Hair Style Icon. Black Girl with Long Hair is a site we've recommended on our Community page. Thank you so much, Tanya! I am honored. It is for people like you that I wrote the book (August 7, 2012).
* I added a new rinsing conditioner to the Recommended Rinsing Conditioners page. (Dec 5, 2011).
* I added many new conditioners to the Recommended Rinsing Conditioners page (with another the way). (June 3, 2011).
* I'm sort of adding a new thing on the site. I have a bunch of recommended products, but I haven't talked much about why I'm not recommending others. So now I'm adding the products I didn't pick, and why I didn't choose them on the Answer Bank. Just type part of the name of the product into the search box, and if I've added it, it should come up at the bottom. I'm still adding to this, so keep checking back from time to time to see why a product isn't recommended (June 1, 2011).
* I added before and after pictures of Elisabet showing that anyone with very curly hair can use these techniques (April 26, 2011).
* I added a new recommended natural hair site Motown Girl to the Community page. Honestly, I don't know where my head has been because I thought I had this popular and well respected natural hair site on my resources page already. (April 25, 2011).
*Inspired by going-natural.com's Miss Nappturality contest challenge 5: Doodles , I added a "Doodles section to the Curly Primer featuring Ebony, the fabulous winner (March 22, 2011)
*Going-Natural.com has put up the America's Next Natural Model's Doodle pictures today for their week 6 challenge! Please check them out and comment and vote for your favorites. (Feb 20, 2011)
*I'm so excited that Mireille of the highly popular Going-Natural.com site will be featuring Doodles during the 2011 America’s Next Natural Model contest. I can't wait to see what all the models do with their hair! Please check them out and vote for your favorites. (Feb 13, 2011)
*After a super long absence where we were moving, I was traveling, and had two deadlines, I'm working on getting back to working on the site more (please forgive me!) I have removed all the Herbal Essence conditioners from the Recommended Combing Conditioners page because they might all now have sodium hydroxide in the ingredients. I'm still checking up on it, but I wanted to err on the side of caution and remove them until I find out otherwise. (Feb 3, 2011)
*Oh my gosh, check out the books on the table! I'm (sort of) in the same room as John legend! (Oct 20, 2010)
*Tamara (who has some of her before and after pictures on the Before and After page) put up a really sweet post about her hair journey and Curly Like Me on her fantastic blog Rainbow Colored Lens. (October 20, 2010)
*I'm so happy to put up new before and after pictures of stunning Marissa, the daughter of Margot, who has the beautiful and informative Euro-Caribbean blog Coffee and Vanilla. (October 3, 2010)
*An interview I did with Eva of the super-informative site Natural Hair Grows is now up at Interview with Teri, author of Curly Like Me and creator of Tightlycurly.com. (Sept 30, 2010)
*A great new blog from the UK has put a nice write up about the site at .MissDerrie.. (Sept 29, 2010)
* I've just added a video to YouTube showing what my hair looks like when I don't follow my techniques called Not Following My Method. (Sept 26, 2010)
*There is a wonderful review of Curly Like Me on the PrettyCity.com site by Jill Goldsberry, contributing Beauty reporter, Jersey City Beauty/style examiner, Examiner.com: "A Good read: Curly Like Me, by Teri LaFlesh." (Sept 7, 2010)
*Please check out the interview I did with Karen of Naturally Beautiful Hair! (Sept 6, 2010)
*I'll be on The Nappy Muse this Sunday at 6:30 PM CST on September 5th. I'm really looking forward to talking with Jaye and answering questions! For more information about this show you can check out the Facebook page for this event. (Sept 2, 2010)
* I will be appearing on Nappturalite Radio Sunday, August 29th at 3pm PST/ 6pm EST. I'm really excited to be on the show! (August 28, 2010)
*I finally finished the book trailer for Curly Like Me if you'd like to check it out. Soon it will be on Amazon too. (August 15, 2010)
*The audio interview I did with Brian Mercer for AuthorMagazine.org is now up! I'm so honored I got to do this with such a wonderful publication, and Brian asked great questions! (August 14, 2010)
*I finally added the last video in this series, which shows what my hair looks like the next day after combing. (Aug 3, 2010)
*I added a new video showing how stringy my hair looks after it's just dried after combing it: Dry After Combing. (Aug 1, 2010)
*I added new before & after photos of blogger Shannon. Thank you for the great photos, Shannon! (July 31, 2010)
*I just changed the look of this page, added upcoming events, and added a few photos of various appearances I've done (at the very bottom of the page). (July 27, 2010)
*This is so cool! A new interview is up (translated to German!) at
Afrodeutsche Haar. The
original version in English is at "Interview with Teri LaFlesh of TightlyCurly" and in German at "Interview Mit Teri LaFlesh Von TightlyCurly–Übersetzung". (July 21, 2010)
*There are new pictures of adorable little Arden, the star of Tips for Little Ones, and closeups of her curls: Arden at three. Wow, she's really grown! (July 18, 2010).
*This is such a great review! There are even adorable photos of Margot's stunning daughter holding the book. So very sweet and wonderful. You can check out Margot's review at"Curly Like Me: How to Grow Your Hair Healthy, Long, and Strong by Teri LaFlesh – Book Review" by Margot at CoffeeandVanilla.com.(July 17, 2010)
*Here is a review of the book in Madame Noire: "Writer Tells African-American Hair Tales In “Curly Like Me”" by Demetria Irwin. (July 9, 2010)
*I added a new video, defining my tighter curls, where I define the tighter curls at my back crown, show the difference in my defined wet hair versus just combed hair, snip out a little snarl, show how I get another section ready for combing, and even comb a little bit of it. I guess this clip has a little bit of everything in it. (July 5th, 2010)
*Two wonderful posts about Curly Like Me:
"Curly Like Me" and "Thanks, Teri" are at the wonderful HoneySmoke.com. (June 27, 2010)
*This is an interview I did at Urban Beauty Collective with Tilane: "The Ten: Teri LaFlesh's Curly Like Me". (June 21, 2010)
*A short article I wrote about the cost of hating my hair is at HoneyMag.com: "Hair-Conomics: Teri LaFlesh". (June 18, 2010)
*I added the natural hair German blog to the Community page at:Afrodeutsche Haare. This is such a needed resource to help German speaking curlies learn how to care for their hair! (June 15, 2010)
* This is so cool! There is a review of the book in German at: "Buchtipp "Curly like me" von Teri LaFlesh" at Afro Deutsche haare . (June 10, 2010)
*I added a new combing conditioner by Aveeno. (June 10, 2010)
* There is a wonderful review of the book: "Curly Like Teri" by Patrice Grell Yursik at AOL Black Voices (this is the same Patrice of the wonderful Afrobella.com. (June 4, 2010)
*I just did an interview with
Authors In Color founder Shalema McGhee called "Curly Like Me by Teri LaFlesh". (June 4, 2010)
* A new photo of what stunning Mya's hair looks like at three on the Before and Afters page is up. I feel like I've been watching her grow up before my eyes! (May 30, 2010).
*I added a new combing conditioner by Aveeno. (May 22, 2010)
*There is a wonderful review on Curly Like Me at the Chicago Black Hair and Health Examiner by Shamontiel Vaughn called "Teri LaFlesh writes guide for curly hair maintenance, my shampooing date disaster" . (May 22, 2010)